Friday, August 26, 2011

Week 4- Reading Comment #2- Cheryl's Blog


Week 4-Free Post-PLP

my leadership keynote

Let me start by saying that anyone in our emdt cohort at this time in our program knows that I strive to be "Johnny On The Spot" with my assignments.  Being late or running the wire is just not my style.  I usually have had my blogs done by Monday.  Today is Thursday, and I am still working, so it tells you how my week has gone! Besides having an absolutely CRAZY week at work, I have also been having panic attacks over this leadership project! I really couldn't decide which route to take.  I am very uncomfortable standing up in front of a bunch of strangers, but I also feel like my writing is not of a publishing caliber.  Big dilemma.  After agonizing over all of this for quite some time, I decided to go with the presentation and really stretch myself.  I am going to apply to present at the FAME (Florida Association of Media in Education) conference. I have been a FAME member in the past, but due to budget cuts, that was taken away from me, as well as the opportunity to attend the conference, so I thought this would be my best chance.  I have at this point gotten the keynote done, and now I need to add my speaker notes.  Getting the keynote together I am positive took much longer than my speaker notes will.  For this I am thankful.  I will see you all tonight, and share my ideas with you.  Until then, know that you can do it! I am rooting for all of you! Cheryl

1 comments:


Cindy Price said...
Cheryl, Being a team member of yours throughout this program, I can vouch for the fact that ypu are usually "Johnny on the spot!" I have to admit that I was quite surprised to see your lateness in your posting. I thought oh my, she is following in my shoes! Ha Ha Ha LOL!!!! Seriously, I have had the same type of week! I think it is awesome that you are going to present to locals (same state). You have a lot to offer to the Florida media educators!!! I wish you luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment